Wednesday, August 18, 2010

That Autumn Sweater


This time of year always arrives as bittersweet. Apathy and lethargy creep in with the sticky and humid "dog days" as summer comes to a close. The carefree feelings of summer freedom dwindle away, but thankfully these unwanted feelings are soon replaced with a new kind of excitement. Autumn is just around the corner, bringing much change with it. A new school year, which includes (for me) a new school, new people and a whole new state to go along with it. Autumn also brings forth new fashion. This week alone I've gone shopping three times too many for new college clothes, and I can't stop. Just today I wen't to the local thrift store with a few friends and our cart was overflowing with corduroy pants and soft sweaters. I completely regret not buying a colorful, long and thick old sweater that would have gone great as a dress with funky tights. I may have to go back tomorrow and buy it. I realized how much I missed sweaters, tights, layering and boots. I can't wait to study in my new dorm, wrapped up in an over-sized sweater and chunky leg warmers. I am so ready to trade in my denim shorts and gladiator sandals for my new military style jacket and palladium boots. Aren't you?

P.s. Go listen to the song Autumn Sweater by Yo La Tengo. It might inspire your fall attire.

No comments:

Post a Comment